Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

Interview with VFS Ones To Watch - Tze Goh



How are you feeling of winning the Ones to Watch from Vauxhall Fashion Scout?

I am thrilled to be participating in Vauxhall fashion scout’s ones to watch and am honoured to have the opportunity to show my collection among my peers.

What did you do to celebrate?

After the madness is over I am planning to celebrate with close friends and family that supported me along the way.

What was your experience in the fashion industry before forming your own brand?

I was working for various brands in Paris and also studied at Parson’s in New York before completing the MA course at Central Saint Martins.

Who is your favourtie designer and why?

I admire different designers such as Jil Sander and Roi Kawalwto for the minimalism and simplicity aesthetic incorporated in their designs.

If you were not a fashion designer, what would you do?

I would like to be a professional astronomer.

What music do you listen to when you design?

I prefer to design without any music.

What's your inspiration for last season's collection?

Bright summer colours and the transformation of a T-shirt into a cape

Where would you like to see your brand in a few years?

I see it growing into a profitable business and my collections being sold internationally in various boutiques and department stores.

Have you been to any of our mentors? What are your thoughts of it? Has it helped?

I find the mentoring events very helpful and insightful as they provide information that allows me to better run my business and prepare for events such as fashion week.

Are you looking forward to your show in London Fashion Week? What do you expect from it?

I am extremely excited for my collection to be showcased at London Fashion Week and I hope there will be a good turnout at the show!

 
Kenny Wang