Pages

Monday 16 August 2010

Interview with Ones To Watch Winner - Georgia Hardinge

To conclude the exclusive interviews with Fashion Scout's Ones To Watch winners, last but not least, Kenny Wang catches up with Georgia Hardinge…



How do you feel about winning a place in the Ones to Watch showcase at Vauxhall Fashion Scout?


It feels great! The level of support is invaluable! As it’s my first show I will definitely need a helping hand this time!


What did you do to celebrate?


I’ve been so excited but have put all my energy into getting stuck in and working on my collection.


Were you interested in fashion when you were growing up?


Absolutely, fashion has been an interest of mine from a very young age.


Who is your favorite designer and why?


I love the conceptual aspects of Hussein Chalayan’s work, and for that reason he has to be my favorite designer.


If you were not a fashion designer, what would you do?


It would definitely be something creative, perhaps an installation artist or a Sculptor.


What music do you listen to when you are designing?


When I’m designing in the studio I play 80’s music and listen to the radio a lot.


Where would you like to see your brand in a few years?


I think it is important to have steady growth. I am to remain creative and stay true to my philosophy.


Have you been to any of our Mentoring Events? What are your thoughts of the sessions? Has it helped?


I attended 3 meetings before I opened my business and they were really helpful! I would absolutely recommend the sessions to any designers either starting out or thinking of expanding.


Are you looking forward to your show at London Fashion Week?


I’m so excited to be showing at Vauxhall Fashion Scout this season!




Kenny Wang