Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

INTERVIEW| Kiev Fashion Days: Iuliia Paskal






Exhibiting her AW13 collection as a part of the Kiev Fashion Days in our Freemasons Hall, designer Iuliia Paskal founded her label Paskal in 2010. Having graduated as an architect, her designs are modern, sculptural and clean-cut. Fashion Scout talked to the designer on being in London, who she designs for and plans for the future.

How does it feel to be exhibiting here?

I'm excited, really excited. It's my first time in London and in Ukraine I studied architecture so I'm really excited about the city and Fashion Week so it's good.

Does having studied architecture feed into your designs?

I finished studying architecture about a year ago and I started to design clothes about three years ago. So it does, but not architecture in its full meaning or understanding. I don't work as an architect.

Who do you have in mind when you design?

I design clothes for young women who enjoy travelling. They have clear minds and they like to create too.

What are you plans for the future?

Doing more designs for the next collection and hopefully taking part in the main fashion weeks!

Interview by Josh Walker (@josh_walker_)
Images by Kris Elliott (@KrisElliott)