Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

INTERVIEW| Sarah Mower


The latest collection by last year’s Merit Award winner, Yulia Kondranina hit the catwalk in The Vestibule at Freemasons’ Hall today to much excitement. Yulia’s last collection garnered much deserved attention from the fashion world this season is no different. We caught up with contributing Vogue Editor and British Fashion Council NEWGEN chairperson, Sarah Mower before the show.

Are you looking forward to Yulia’s show today?
Yes I am. I haven’t been to her show but I’ve seen the pictures of her last collection, I’m the Chair of the NEWGEN committee, and she applied for NEWGEN last time and I thought her clothes were extraordinary so she’s on my radar and that’s why I’m here.

What do you think of Fashion Scout as a platform for new designers?
Well think it’s great that there is another centre for many emerging designers alongside London Fashion Week, so near to Somerset House which is part of the whole vibrant culture we’ve got here.

By Lia Stokes, (@LiaStokes)
Images by Jamike-Latif (@JamikeLatif) taken with the fashion forward LumixGM1 (@PanasonicUK)