Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

INTERVIEW| Zeynep Tosun



We caught up with Zeynep Tosun following her AW14 catwalk to get the low down on her designs and inspirations

Hi Zeynep, what are the inspirations behind your AW14 collection?

My AW14 collection is inspired by the idea of seventies silhouettes meets street style and sports luxe design. An example of this is teaming puffy jackets with emphasised shouldered dresses. I wanted to create an industrial feel within the collection, I was inspired by rusty metals so used these tones in my colour palette. Raw edges also gives my collection the industrial look that I wanted to achieve.

Do you have a favourite piece from your collection?

Yes! My favourite piece is definitely the dark printed puffy jacket, I love it!

This is your fourth season at Fashion Scout, how do you feel you have progressed since you  starting showing with us?

I get more and more sure of myself every season so I grow with each collection. I can see my development throughout each of my seasons collections.

What do you think of Fashion Scout as a platform for progression for emerging design talent?

Fashion Scout is great for new designers. It is the best platform in London and I am so grateful to be here!

By Charlotte Muscat (@CharlotteLM9)
Photography by Lepa Georgievska (@GeorgievskaLepa) taken on the fashion forward LumixGM1 (@PanasonicUK)