Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

FRONT ROW| PINGHE with Poppy Delevingne, Mary Charteris and Laura Whitmore





Today Freemasons Hall has seen the debut London Fashion Week show of eponymous label PINGHE; and whilst this is only the second full collection for Ping’s designs, the label has already become highly covetable amongst A-list clientele.

This said, we spotted a most fashionable trio sat front row – fashion royalty, Poppy Delevigne, Mary Charteris, who will later be DJ’ing at the Fashion Scout after party; and MTV’s Laura Whitmore. Here’s what they had to say:

What do you think of the platform which Fashion Scout provides for emerging designers?
Laura: I was here last season for Heohwan? Heohwan Simulation, am I pronouncing it right? I think it’s a great platform and opportunity for up and coming designers, because obviously so many established designers get shown every season. So you get to see something new. I always think the real creativity is here because I think people are more likely to experiment… you see something you don’t normally see.

Poppy: I think here people have the chance to be more individual and more ‘out there’.

We agree! Are you able to see any more Fashion Scout shows this season?
Poppy: No I’m not actually which is a real shame.

Laura: Hopefully, last year I came wearing Heohwan Simulation, I still can’t say it. I used to say ‘I really like this designer’, ‘This designer has a great range of shows’… until I went backstage and I had to ask Heohwan how to say it!

And so we went on to discuss the correct pronunciation of PINGHE before the impressive show commenced. 

Interview by Brooke McCord @BrookeMcCord 
Photographs by Jean-Luc Brouard @jeanlucbrouard