Pages

Saturday 14 September 2013

FRONT ROW| Swedish School of Textiles SS14





We were thrilled to have Hilary Alexander take over our @FashionScout Twitter page during the Swedish School of Textiles show. We caught up with her ahead of her Twitter Takeover: 


What is it about young designers that brings you back to Fashion Scout?
I'm on the executive of Graduate Fashion Week and I've been following for 22 years and I'm always fascinated to see what students are doing; I like to see the raw talent just as sort it emerges from the chrysalis if you like, straight from college. And it's fun to see something on the catwalk and then wonder where will this go in three or four years time.

Are you looking forward to The Swedish School of Textiles?
I'm would say I'm curious; I don't know anything about The Swedish School of Textiles and I'm interested to see what they're all about. I'm intrigued by textile design because we have some very good colleges of our own that do that; [Nottingham] Trent, Northumbria among them, and I'd just like to see what the Scandinavian competition is like.  

Interview by Madeleine Ayers @MadeleineAyers 
Photographs by Tracy Asslanian @Tracyasslanian