Pages

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Profile: Joe Turvey

Illustration by Joe Turvey
Having finished a BA in womenswear, Joe has since moved onto menswear and is currently manufacturing his first collection, which will hopefully be showing next fashion week. His career as an illustrator began when he was approached by Amelia’s Magazine to contribute his work. Since then he has gone on to illustrate for a wide variety of magazines including Volt Magazine and Chaos Magazine, also working with the likes of Louise Gray and other high profile designers. His clean portraiture illustrations have been influenced by the work of Ricardo Fumanal, and the detail of his sketches.  The gorgeously graphic illustrations that Joe has done for VFS show why he should not just be limited to design. With skill like his we see that some guys do just get all the luck.

If you could sketch anyone or anything what would it be?
I would love to sketch Agyness Deyn! That would be amazing!

If you were invisible for the day what would you do?
If I were invisible for a day I would probably spy on friends and see what they say about me when I’m not around.

If you could be anyone for the day who would you be?
Anna Dello Russo because she is the best, I would love to be her!

If you could have any super power what would you choose?
I have always liked that one from X-men who can turn into other people. Mystique I think? I love her powers they are awesome!

If you robbed a bank, what is the first thing you would buy?
Oh… the whole of Givenchy’s last collection.

If you were not an illustrator or a designer what would you be?
A zookeeper because I love animals.
Find out more here.

Text: Samantha Farr