Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

EXHIBITION| Anna Kolomoets SS14 Kiev Fashion Days



After showing her SS14 collection on the catwalk this morning at Fashion Scout, 18 year old, Ukrainian designer – Anna K’s collection is on show in at the Kiev Fashion Day’s exhibition at Freemasons Hall this afternoon.

Her collection takes inspiration from F. Scott Fitzgerald’s ‘Tender is The Night’, demonstrating girlish fancies, delicate glamour and care-free romance. The collection is almost purely white, the quintessentially feminine dresses showcase delicate organza over-layers, a multitude of layered ruffles, balloon like floating shoulder panels and a plethora of natural fabrics. With a large focus on minimalism, the accessories accompanying the collection come in the form of transparent bags - the product of a collaboration with Proskurovskar. We interviewed Anna herself at the exhibition and here is what she had to tell us:

Where does your inspiration come from?
I take inspiration from my surroundings – the sky, the air, the rain, water, the earth. I also take inspiration for my colour palette from these elements as demonstrated in my SS14 collection. The pastel blue’s and the whites and translucent fabrics. I also focus a lot on silhouettes.

What are your future plans for the Anna K label?
I dream of my collections being worn by models and non-models alike. I want people to wear my label, I want to make it wearable.

What do you think of the whole Fashion Scout platform?
It’s a great opportunity. I want to use it to impress bloggers and buyers. I feel privileged to be here. I have also fallen in love with London.

Follow us on Twitter @FashionScout #FashionScout
Written by Brooke McCord, Fashion Scout Contributor. Follow me on Twitter @BrookeMcCord
Photography by Asia Werbel, @AsiaWerbel